The following was published in the journal Switzerland (Schweiz Magazin), edition of 27 October. The translation from German is the poet Sydney Schneider.
"What the dictator and tyrant Gaddafi made with his people, is now more known every day, detail by detail. Here is a list of atrocities that the Libyans have suffered for four decades.
1. There was no charge of electricity in Libya. The electricity was free to all citizens.
2. There was charging interest on loans. State banks provided credit to all citizens with 0% interest by law.
3. Owning a home has become one of human rights in Libya.
4. All Libyans newlyweds received $ 50,000. This money empower couples to buy their first home. The government contributed, so that every family began its trajectory.
5. Education and medical care were free for all in Libya. Before Gaddafi came to power, only 25% of Libyans read. Today, that number rose to 83%.
6. The Libyans who wanted to live from farming land received, a country house, farm machinery, seeds and livestock for free, that had a rapid onset and promising in this endeavor.
7. When the Libyans did not find the desired degree course, or medical equipment necessary for their health, had the opportunity to go abroad with the help of government funds. They received $ 2,300 per month to house and transport.
8. If a Libyan bought a car, the government subsidized 50% of value.
9. The price of gasoline in Libya was $ 0.14 (equivalent to 10 cents or just over 20 cents in Brazilian currency) per liter.
10. If someone could not find work after graduation in Libya, the State paid the average salary in the profession he wanted to play until he could find a job technically appropriate.
11. Libya had no debt and have reserves amounting to 150 billion dollars in different parts of the world, which have now been frozen and probably lost forever.
12. A portion of proceeds from the sale of Libyan oil was directly credited to the accounts of all Libyan citizens.
13. Mothers who gave birth received $ 5,000.
14. 25% of the Libyans obtained the university degree.
15. Gaddafi created the project "Rio-Grande-Made-by-Man." It is the biggest project of drinking water pipeline in the world, in order to improve the supply of population and agriculture.
Thank God, NATO and the rebels freed the Libyan people for all that. "